LAVENDER HOT CHOCOLATE
“Since lavender is quite fragrant, adjust amount according to preference. For a creamier hot chocolate, a 1 to 1 ratio of dark to milk chocolate can be used. Makes 2 servings.
* 2 cups whole milk
* 3 ounces dark chocolate (70% cacao)
* 1 ounce milk chocolate
* 1/4 teaspoon lavender buds
* 1/2 cup cold heavy whipping cream
* 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract or seeds from 1/4 of a whole vanilla bean pod
* 1/2 tablespoon granulated white sugar
For whipped cream, place cold cream, vanilla, and sugar into a cold mixing bowl. Beat the mixture with a whisk or mixer until stiff peaks form. keep refrigerated until ready for use.
For hot chocolate, heat milk and lavender over medium heat, whisking occasionally until the milk begins to simmer. Remove from heat and let lavender steep for 5 minutes. Strain lavender and return milk to saucepan. Over medium heat, add chocolate and mix until chocolate is melted and incorporated. Whisk milk mixture for 10-20 seconds until frothy. Pour into mugs or bowls and serve with a dollop of whipped cream.”